Submissions are Closed
As of May, 2019, Willawaw Journal will have month-long submission windows prior to each issue:
August 1 to Sept. 1
Nov. 1 to Dec. 1
Feb. 1 to March 1
This will shorten “transit” time as your work will be under consideration for only 4-6 weeks. No work will be considered outside of these submission windows.
The current prompt is from Poet Laureate Diane Raptosh, “Dear Zygote in Your Limniad State.” The editor invites you to respond to this poem or to create your own epistolary poem. Who needs a letter poem from you, whether living in the past, present, or future? Write it now! (General Submissions are always welcome.)
How to Submit?
Poetry and Art Submission Guidelines
Please send up to five poems (previously unpublished) or up to three images of original artwork (Convert to modest resolution jpeg before you send.) Simultaneous submissions are fine. Please notify us immediately if your work is accepted somewhere else. For prose poetry, please limit to 500 words or less.
To submit, please email your poems or images to this address: email@example.com:
- POETS should include up to five poems in the body of the email or as an attachment.
- No revisions after submission though there will be an opportunity to proofread just before the issue is launched.
- ARTISTS should attach their images to the email, include materials and dimensions, and a brief artist’s statement (optional).
- Include your name in the subject line
- Indicate if you want to use initials or a different name to credit your poem or artwork.
- Include a short bio. with up to three to five publication venues and no more than one link to other work. It would please the editor if you place yourself on the world map (state, region, country, etc.). If you send a longer bio. or list more than five journals or more than one link, the editor may refuse the submission or take the material into her own hands–beware!
- The journal is free to all and there are no reading fees! Unfortunately, there is no payment to contributors at this time.
Note: Cover Art will be drawn from the Submissions and will be used for promotional purposes.
Copyright returns to the poet or artist upon publication. The journal retains the non-exclusive right to hold the text or image in the archives.