Willawaw Journal Winter 2017–Deadline November 19th
We hope you will be inspired by the work of Oregon Poet Laureate, Lawson Fusao Inada‘s, Everything. Find more about the poet laureate, his Poem Prompt, and the editors’ responses here.
Our second issue will highlight the artist/poets among us with a hybrid of poetry and art. This can be a full intergration or merging of original poem and art, or an ekphrastic expression (original poem after art), or a broadside (original poem with art around it), or anywhere in between. The finished digital image will need to be 300 dpi. (Thank you for your attention to this detail; higher resolution tends to slow the loading process.)
As always, we also welcome regular submissions from everyone else!
How to Submit?
Poetry Submission Guidelines
Please send us up to five previously unpublished poems. Simultaneous submissions are fine. Please notify us immediately if your work is accepted somewhere else. Single-spaced, left-justified or centered only, unless you are sending a hybrid image which already fixes the lines in place. For prose poetry, please limit to 500 words or less. There are NO READING FEES.
To submit, please email your poems to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Include your five poems in the body of the email, or your hybrid poems as attachments.
- Include a very short bio. (25-50 words) with a link to other work, if you have one.
- You may include a brief artist’s statement if applicable, as well as materials and dimensions of the artwork.
- Include your name in the subject line
- Indicate if you want to use a different name for your photo credit, and of course, please include the name(s) of your collaborator(s) if applicable!
Note: Cover Art will be drawn from the Hybrid Submissions for this issue.
Copyright returns to the poet or artist upon publication. The magazine retains the right to hold the text or image in the archives.