Willawaw Journal Spring 2018
We hope you will be inspired by the work of Oregon Poet Laureate, Paulann Petersen‘s, A Municipal Servant Serenades at the Pier. Find more about the poet laureate, her Poem Prompt, and the editors’ responses here.
The spring issue will feature voice recordings of selected works by the artists. This will give us the opportunity to pay special attention to the sounds and music of the language. (The editors will provide the artists with further details upon acceptance of their work.)
As always, we welcome regular submissions from everyone!
How to Submit?
Poetry and Art Submission Guidelines
Please send us up to five previously unpublished poems or up to three images. Simultaneous submissions are fine. Please notify us immediately if your work is accepted somewhere else. For prose poetry, please limit to 500 words or less. There are NO READING FEES.
To submit, please email your poems to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- POETS should Include up to five poems in the body of the email.
- Include your name in the subject line
- Indicate if you want to use initials or a different name to credit your poem or artwork.
- Include a very short bio. (25-50 words) with up to one link to other work. If you send more than 50 words or more than one link, the editors may refuse the submission or will take the material into their own hands–beware!
- VISUAL ARTISTS may include a brief artist’s statement, if applicable, and in addition to the short bio, as well as materials and dimensions of the artwork. Send up to three submissions, each as a separate jpg.
Note: Cover Art will be drawn from the Submissions.
Copyright returns to the poet or artist upon publication. The magazine retains the right to hold the text or image in the archives.